Do you own a website? Websites are really great to showcase your personal brand and all that you stand for. However, the way it is done can make or mar you.
Really, your website shouldn’t be a hard nut to crack. In fact, a simple one page website should do the trick if you are just starting out. Incase you are wondering what a one page website is, it is simply a space on your website that has all the necessary information. This means that your audience will not need to load multiple pages searching for information they need.
So what should be on your one-page website as a personal brand? The layout should come in this format.
1. Header – This is usually the catchy area and should be kept attractive. Less is more. So you may need to avoid having so many texts on it. Typically, your image with your “brand statement” or “your name” can be there. Some websites also have the email form on the header for lead generation.
2. Media Features- This can be right after the header. This simply displays the logos of media platforms you have been featured on. This helps you to build credibility and trust with your audience.
3. About you – Now it’s time to share how freaking awesome you are. Introduce yourself, what you do, share your story, why you do what you do etc.
4. Work with you – This is the part where you share your solution system. Is it a coaching program? Course? Consulting? Speaking? List them accordingly here. Having the landing pages to these services may be important for them to read further. So make sure it has the buttons to the CTAs visible enough.
5. Testimonials – Worked with clients before? This is where you get their testimonials. It makes it easy for people to make a buying decision knowing that people have worked with you before and gotten results.
No doubt, you can have more than 5 elements but these are the top ones you need to have. Remember to have good photographs on your page. Photographs of you smiling and photographs of you speaking will be super useful.
Also, the testimonials can be in video format. I always advice that because you can extract the audio and use it in your podcasts or transcribe to texts.
Lastly, a contact me element should be available. Either a form or your email should be on the website to make it easy to contact you.
So there you have it! If you need a website, Bcon Experience is a media company that works with personal brands to take their message to the world. Feel free to send me a message to get a discount.
PS: Will you like a webinar on how to build your website by yourself? It’s a lot cheaper too. I will show you how to build from scratch to the end. You also get to learn the necessary plugins you will need and where to get themes from (free and paid).
I want it to be a full masterclass – 2 days.
Day 1 – Build your website with WordPress
Day 2 – Build your website with Wix
After the class, you decide which CMS you want to use. I’m yet to decide if it will be free or paid. So keep your eyes out for it.